Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva, you experiment with new and existing products and features to deliver measurable business impact.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the direction, scope, and success metrics for moving key business metrics. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as Canva grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations. Every day is a different challenge—one day you might be in a room full of product designers preparing research and UX flows, the next you’ll be leading go-to-market efforts in collaboration with founders and other teams.
About Design Platform
The Design Platform group is responsible for scaling and growing Canva’s product platform. Our group works together to deliver an excellent editing experience with the features our users need and that scales as our product becomes more complex. Design Platform is also the custodian of Canva Desktop, iOS and Android, which ensure our users get a platform-tailored version of Canva on every device.
As a Product Manager in the Design Platform group, you will collaborate on the strategies and roadmaps for various teams, helping to grow our desktop and mobile apps, as well as deliver features and improve the general editing experience for all our users.
We are looking for someone who can generate insight based on vision, data and user feedback, clearly define a direction for a team and then execute in a fast-paced environment to deliver customer value and delightful experiences.
Working in a cross-functional team and setting them up for success, you can collaborate and communicate to elevate everyone, create amazing solutions together and deliver the right things, quickly.
What to expect in your first 3-6 months...
- Collaborate with teams to prioritize and deliver core editing features
- Optimize the unique Desktop app experience to increase user engagement and happiness
- Create and deliver on Canva’s first offline design experience
- 5 + years experience as a product manager of a software product, with platform or integrations experience is a huge plus.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions – and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Really strong UX skill set. Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- A strong communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins. Can effectively communicate with partners in business and technical calls.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions.
- Presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
You'll love this role if...
- You can own and drive products from idea to delivery
- You manage cross-functional teams and backlogs like a pro
- You can take products beyond MVP and define a clear product vision
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and data impact