At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone, and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory – we're out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world's fastest-growing technology companies, and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
QA Engineers’ mission at Canva is to ensure that the team they’re working with are always thinking about quality while working on their big goals. We believe quality is something that should be checked continuously throughout the process, not just at the end.
QA engineers at Canva are embedded in a product group with multiple teams, and work closely with product managers, designers and software engineers, to ensure that we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. Some of the day to day tasks are improving or setting up different quality activities during the development cycle, using data to prioritise and advocate for issues, working with engineers to write unit, integration, and end to end tests, and identifying risks with product releases.
You'll love this job if:
- You have experience working with an end-to-end feature development teams and defining the QA process for your team. This may involve looking at the current development process for each team, identifying opportunities for injecting quality, and advocating for process changes to improve product quality.
- You have experience working with engineers, and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks (backend, frontend, and everything in between).
- You have a good understanding of what needs to be included in unit, integration, and end to end tests and can coach engineers on what needs to be automated.
- You are meticulous in your work, and passionate about testing. You consider every possible scenario during exploratory testing and can spot bugs that others might not notice.
- You are a problem solver who is passionate about solving different types of bugs. You are comfortable with using various tools to find out the root causes of issues and have worked with JIRA (or other bug reporting tool) to communicate bugs effectively with engineers, PMs, and designers. We would also love it if you had experience writing test cases in Gherkin syntax.
Not a must, but a big plus if:
- You can coach other QA engineers on quality assistance and testing.
- You have automated trivial tasks using a scripting language like Bash or Python.
- You have experience with observability tools like Sentry.io to track down issues.
- You can query databases, and reporting systems using SQL or similar to get data to support your bug reports.