At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, but this happens through many channels and experiences, one of which is our template library, which contains over 50,000 designs available for customization.
We have recently launched Canva for Enterprise, our new product that caters to empowering Global Brands and Enterprise organisations to build out a holistic vision for creative and collaborative workflows in a much larger scale. Canva for Enterprise as a product empowers teams and organisations with the ability to build better products and stories by offering a seamless design process and workflow experience.
About the team
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customizable designs that empower users to create the content they need.
Canva’s Quality Assurance team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our template library.
As a Graphic Designer at Canva, you will be part of the newly formed Quality Assurance squad within the Enterprise Team, working closely with designers who have been setting the standard for templates.
This covers a range of topics and categories, from sales decks, trendy social media stories to 25-page presentations. The main goal is to spot issues in our dynamic library of templates and execute the necessary decisions to keep them visually fresh, relevant to the user’s needs, and relevant to the research that the library requires.
Your goal is to maintain excellent design standards and ensure high customer satisfaction. This role will significantly help Canva achieve its goal of empowering the world to design by building the world’s best design marketplace and ensuring users have a wide variety of usable and dynamic content.
As our Graphic Designer (Quality Assurance), you will:
- Inspect and update our library of templates to ensure that it remains 100% on-brand and relevant.
- Update existing templates in the library and ensure that what we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability.
- Create unique and original templates for our Enterprise and Partnerships clients, different teams working on different themes, categories, and topics.
- Identify opportunities for layout and template creation that require visual upgrades through inspection of our library and user feedback.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation, adhoc design projects, and process improvement.
- Act upon requests for quick template changes, based on user feedback gained from our Enterprise, Partnerships, or team feedback.
About the candidate
- Should have a strong foundation in what makes a good design, based on design principles and elements
- Visualizes various unique design combinations from a set of pre-selected componentsUnderstands user thinking and interaction to improve usability
- Efficiently delivers output, maintains cadences, if not streamlining processes.
- Exhibits diligence in delivering output whether through design or quality assurance
- Effectively communicates and articulates ideas and challenges/blockers
- Thinks on their feet and applies learnings and improvement initiatives on the fly
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve the processes
- Self-motivated and well-organized
You'll love this role if
- You have a stylistic approach and strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles and elements;
- You have a keen understanding of design context based on visual, cultural, and popular trends;
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content;
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability;
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers;
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes;
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a CEO—constantly pushing ourselves.
- How to push your creativity and passion to the limit. How to solve problems that have never been solved before
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us every day
- Fitness membership allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations