The People Team
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The People Team is a critical function at Canva. The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. As a result of this exciting growth, the People Team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to support one of the highest-performing internal recruitment teams.
Key to the success of Canva are world class product, business, and engineering teams. Thus, you will be collaborating closely with the business to ensure we're working in sync as a productive hiring team.
What you'll do
- You are a process owner: you take charge in ensuring that we provide the best candidate experience to our applicants all throughout their getting-into-Canva journey. This means, you own communication and coordination with recruiters, hiring managers, and other stakeholders that are crucial in a candidate’s hiring experience.
- You support teams: you are proactive in supporting your client groups with recruiting processes including scheduling interviews, hosting candidates, ensuring rooms are booked, liaising with candidates and leaders at Canva.
- You are an advocate of process improvement: you ensure that the talent acquisition and hiring teams have the best and efficient hiring process by optimising resources, researching and suggesting cutting-edge tools and software to use, and identifying trends and issues in the scheduling process and interviewer hiring resources.
- You obsess about great candidate experience: At Canva, we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- You are data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach.
Required Experience & Skills
- At least 2 years of experience as an in-house coordinator supporting a fast-paced hiring team.
- Have experience in improving processes, identifying issues and gaps in processes, and suggesting user-focused improvements.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills – you must be 100% comfortable writing emails, preparing candidates for interviews, and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Have prior experience in building and maintaining successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions globally.
- Have experience managing small projects with a focus on quality and on-time turnaround of deliverables
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, a curious demeanor, and be self-motivated by the desire to hone your recruitment and team-building skills in a challenging, yet fun, casual environment
- Have a genuine desire to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment catering to millions of users all over the world!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered