Canva is experiencing rapid growth in its business as it continues on its sensational and thrilling journey.
There is now a need for a Revenue Assurance Officer to assist with the growing internal and external reporting requirements and maintenance of revenue accounting records across multiple jurisdictions.
As a Centre of Excellence within finance, the Corporate Accounting function prides itself on being able to deliver accurate and relevant financial information to support strategic decision making and ensure compliance with accounting policies for each jurisdiction. In this role, you will work closely with the Group Corporate Accountant (located in Manila) and the Corporate Accounting Manager (located in Sydney HQ) to ensure that group-wide tasks and projects are supported. Over time, you will become responsible for the communication of revenue information to the Finance team, assisting with the preparation of external reporting requirements to investors, government regulatory bodies and auditors.
This role will provide you the opportunity to understand global business operations, identify process improvements and provide exposure to the application of accounting standards in multiple jurisdictions.
We are a fast-moving business so change is frequent and volume will continue to grow. You are comfortable working in an environment where speed and adaptability is key and project deadlines are often short. In this regard, you will be expected to manage your work, prioritise with the team and deliver high quality outcomes as required.
You will be a first point of contact not just for Finance, but for the teams across the business when it comes to revenue and related financial information and will therefore be required to deal with a range of internal stakeholders. You are comfortable in determining appropriate courses of action and are able to communicate the relevant options or decisions clearly and in a timely manner.
Lastly, you are a team player. We believe that there is “no I in Finance”. You will be ready and willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role. Finally, you are someone who’s keen to learn new knowledge and dive into the world of revenue and corporate accounting.
Your role will have a global focus, with your tasks spanning across the entire Group. Your tasks will include...
- Preparation of Canva’s monthly revenue and deferred revenue reporting and maintaining accounting records, ensuring revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standards
- Prepare and manage information required for ongoing revenue analysis and tracking strategic experiments by the Sales, Marketing and Product teams located across the group
- Manage the continuous expansion of revenue streams and related metrics across reporting dashboards ensuring consistent, understandable and accurate information
- Review the current revenue recording and monitoring process and where appropriate, recommend and execute improvements
- Manage the audit and review of third-party information used for revenue reporting such as partnership revenue share calculations to ensure appropriate accounting treatment
- Prepare deal/contract summaries for material enterprise customers
- Maintain current systems and continually monitor the accuracy of data within said systems
- Maintain open communication and actively respond to business groups
You’d love this role if you have….
- A Bachelor’s/College degree in Accountancy
- 2-4 years accounting experience in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Relevant qualification (CPA/CA or equivalent)
- Working experience in supporting multiple clients/countries
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!