San Francisco, California, United States – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva is an online graphic design platform that creates tools that empower the world to design. Since launching in August 2013, Canva has acquired more than 100 million users, over 700 million uploaded images and 1 billion designs. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
We have an active community of developers and apps partners in our Ecosystem. We are about to open up our platform and we are building out our Developer Relations team to help us grow Canva’s developer community around the world. As one of our first hires, there is lots of scope and potential impact in shaping this new function.
As a Developer Advocate, you are an engineer, designer and storyteller, representing Canva to developer communities all around the world and inspiring new and existing developers to build with the Canva platform. You will establish strong relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way, by crafting great resources to help developers build with Canva, including code and app samples, blog posts and presentations. As the advocate for developers, you will partner with product, design and engineering to shape the developer products and APIs.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.