At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs.
Help us continue growing by leading our effort on all SEM and paid media. You'll work closely with various product teams such as Canva For Work, Canva For Print, the Marketplace Team and the International Team to help us grow in this channel.
About the team
As part of the Brazilian Team and you will play a significant role in driving Canva’s user acquisition for the Brazilian operation.
The Brazilian team is relatively new, so this role will be key in scaling our existing campaigns as it enters into its next phase of evolution; hitting bigger, more challenging and complex goals.
The team works in partnership with other i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s acquisition and revenue channels.
The role will involve understanding the Brazilian market, its various audiences, ad platforms/channels making the best of our opportunities. You will be responsible for Brazilian SEM, breaking down barriers with a focus on goals.
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term maintainability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for people who love digital marketing and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
The successful candidate thrives on challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from experiment to experiment without losing enthusiasm. They also enjoy working with cross-functional teams and launching campaigns in uncharted waters; putting their own stamp on Canva’s Brazilian market growth.
- Contribute to Canva’s user acquisition strategies through the increase of app sign up conversions.
- Conduct data analysis, hypothesise outcomes, develop optimisation strategy and roadmap projects.
- Reporting and analysis via third party tools as well as presentation and validation of findings.
- Run, manage and optimise A/B &/or multivariate tests.
- Coordinate with stakeholders at Canva of various backgrounds including SEO specialists, designers, copywriters etc.
- Involvement with other marketing and growth activities as needed.
- Create and communicate weekly reports on the performance of paid channels for both the Brazilian leadership and the International leadership.
- Understanding users in context of market, platform and demographics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience running SEM & paid social, ideally in a startup environment.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- Comfortable with operating independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance moving fast and depth of analysis. You know what needs to be analysed and what doesn’t.
- Awesome analysis skills: You know how to use Google analytics and is confortable with other data-analysis tools, but more than that, you know what questions to ask, what the data says, the limitations of your analysis and decide what to do next.
- Great ability to communicate data into relevant insights. You know how to tell a story, with a beginning and a conclusion from the data.
- You must be Brazilian, living in São Paulo metro area.
- English skill level: Working knowledge.