Canva is experiencing rapid growth in its business as it continues on its sensational and thrilling journey.
There is now a need for a Senior Corporate Accountant to assist with the growing internal and external reporting requirements.
As a Centre of Excellence within finance, the Corporate Accounting function prides itself on being able to deliver accurate and relevant financial information to support strategic decision making and ensure compliance with accounting policies and standards for each jurisdiction. In this role, you will work closely with the Group Corporate Accountant (located in Manila) and the Corporate Accounting Manager (located in Sydney HQ) to ensure that group-wide tasks and projects are supported as well as external advisors and auditors.
This role will provide you the opportunity to understand global business operations, identify process improvements and provide exposure to the application of accounting standards in multiple jurisdictions.
We are a fast-moving business so change is frequent and volume will continue to grow. You are comfortable working in an environment where speed and adaptability is key and project deadlines are often short. In this regard, you will be expected to manage your work, prioritise with the team and deliver high quality outcomes as required.
You will be a first point of contact not just for Finance but for teams across the business when it comes to revenue and related financial information and will therefore be required to deal with a range of internal stakeholders. You are comfortable in determining appropriate courses of action and are able to communicate the relevant options or decisions clearly and in a timely manner.
Importantly you are a team player for we are all about “no I in Finance”. You will be ready and willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role. Finally you are someone who’s keen to learn new knowledge and dive into the world of revenue and corporate accounting.
Your role will have a global focus, with your tasks spanning across the entire Group and applying both IFRS and US GAAP. Your tasks will include:
- Research and prepare accounting position papers and policies for significant transactions, management estimates and accounting matters across US GAAP and IFRS
- Educate and coach the wider team on US GAAP assessment of ongoing business transactions and operations
- Keep up to date on new accounting pronouncements across US GAAP and IFRS.
- Lead the team in preparing US GAAP-compliant financials, maintain specific disclosures and update related audit and reporting schedules.
- Be part of the development and execution of research and development accounting policy and procedures to be rolled out across the business
- Maintain open communication and actively respond to business groups and other key stakeholders
You'd love this role if you have...
- A Bachelor’s/College degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- Relevant Qualification (AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) preferred, or equivalent)
- 5+ years accounting experience in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Working experience in supporting multiple clients/countries across US GAAP and IFRS
- Exposure to software and technology industries
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Access to Inhouse gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered