We are looking for a Digital designer who can conceptualise and build creative, user-friendly experiences that drive additional users to our product. An understanding that spans digital design and web technologies is key to this, to help ensure sure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Brand Group and work in conjunction with many other teams at Canva ( Product, Partnerships, I18N … ). Our digital designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. This could include digital animations for landing pages, visual content for social advertising, animations for physical environments, branding executions, landing pages, UI content and more.
About the group and team
The Brand Group’s mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. With an internal creative team, we do this through brilliant creative executions and experimental ad placements. In the next 6-12 months, we will be scaling our media spend and creative production to become a household name in America, and the world.
- Design creative solutions for Canva’s new product launches, landing pages and a wide range of other digital communication assets.
- Produce flawless animations, videos and graphic images for landing pages and campaign websites.
- Document visual designs, interactions and project requirements for development.
- Create and manipulate a diverse range of content (digital and motion) that brings Canva to life in exciting creative executions
- Take part in the creation of a digital data visualisation system to track the performance and metrics of our creative executions.
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, videographers and performance marketers to publish lots of content at pace
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
- A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly. Creating a sense of connection in their work between Canva and the audience
- You are the perfect balance between ideation at a conceptual level and execution, in bringing your ideas to life
- You’re interested in learning about digital strategies and web-based methodologies, because your work will help define the future of Canva’s brand
- Well-versed in static and motion design and animation and an understanding of how to connect with audiences through a variety of different platforms
- You also have web technical knowledge that allows you to prototype something in HTML if you need to as well as to understand and talk to engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years in a forward-thinking digital design role.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates:
- Expertise in design for web and animation
- A modern style & aesthetic
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Framer and After Effects
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.