At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporates, small businesses, non-profits and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users. You get to learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals and develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of month end processing activities including asset depreciation, prepayments and accruals.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations across the group’s Australian, US and EU entities
- Perform and support the investigation of any accounting or transactional anomalies
- Manila point-of-contact for any accounting, coding or transactional queries
- Assist with spend analysis, appropriate departmental coding amongst other month end activities as required to support the month end close process
- Ownership of various projects including process improvements to support the scaling of the Finance function
- Assisting in documenting and maintaining coding guidelines and notes
- Support Corporate with any audit transactional information requests
About the candidate
- As the finance teams duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies there is now a requirement for a General Ledger Accountant to join the Finance Operations arm of the Finance Team and take ownership of recurring transactional activities and the month end processes.
- The primary role of the General Ledger Accountant will be to ensure that the financial information of Canva is complete and accurate. This is achieved through timely execution of bookkeeping activities and associated cadences, including the preparation of accounting records and data which feed into the team’s reporting obligations. The role will work closely with the Shared Services Team in Manila and well as the Sydney Financial Accounting Team to achieve Month End and transactional processing targets.
- We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication skills.
What we look for:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a commercial or professional services environment;
- Previous knowledge and experience in month end processes and accounting adjustments, including accruals and prepayments;
- Analysis skills and the ability to identify and understand variances and trends;
- CA/CPA qualified or near completion of studies for qualification;
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud based accounting systems would be an advantage;
- Advanced MS Excel is a bonus;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Self motivated with a desire to learn;
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver. Operating in a fast paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati