At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
About the team
From branding to magazines, invitations to stickers, to t-shirts and beyond, the Print Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful printable designs—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of a talented Print Designer to help with an influx of requests for beautiful print designs.
Curious about Print Design? Get a glimpse of what we’re doing here.
What you’ll do…
- Assist our team in delivering template design projects
- Brief our designers, illustrators, photographers and videographers to execute high quality content and templates for each project
- Create high-quality designs to brief for each project
- Assist with design research, mood boards, and design reference
- Work with copywriters to make sure template content suits the design
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
- Check designs to ensure they are appropriately prepared for print output
We'd love it if you have...
- 3-5+ years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of designs for print production
- Demonstrated experience in print and editorial design, with knowledge of preparing designs for print flawlessly, with strong attention to artworking and detail
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to brief illustrators, photographers and graphic designers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best and most relevant print works!
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and producing high-quality content.
- You’re unafraid to get your hands dirty! You’re a senior designer who can give out briefs, at the same time, create high-quality designs.
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations