Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. We're looking for an experienced business partner to join our team and help take our teams to the next level.
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with our People team, team leads and all our people to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs to support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting our teams and individuals to succeed. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Helping build a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, goal-driven organisation design etc. while contributing your unique insights from an HR perspective
- Support leads to develop and roll out programs to help with hiring, onboarding, team development, designing and delivering learning programs, individual growth and development, performance and HR issues
- Drive high performance within the specialty, proactively driving strategies to increase engagement and retention.
- Identify problems and opportunities for specialities, and work with our broader People team to leverage the available resources, help prioritise and plan our People roadmap, and fill the gap with immediate short-term solutions
- Helping move along and drive People initiatives across our specialities, and developing strong relationships
- Guide and coach leaders on the full gamut of HR issues (hiring and talent planning, performance management, compensation & rewards etc.)
- Work closely with the founders to gain a deep understanding of business goals and priorities, and ensuring that we have the right talent in place to achieve them.
- Ensuring there is integration across the People team, business, team and speciality leadership, and feeding back speciality needs and challenges
- Handle sensitive issues and be a trusted advisor.
Who you'll be
- A minimum of 5+ years experience supporting technology teams as a HR Business Partner
- You have a passion for developing great people and organisations
- Excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, organizational design & development, talent management, compensation, and employee relations
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- Data driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve supporting someone with parental leave questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a new onboarding program
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, speciality leads, teams, and our People team functions
- Be able to clearly communicate to People team functions the needs and wants of the specialty you are working while recognising the overall strategic values of the people team.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free yoga and use of onsite gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered