Since launch in April 2013, our user base has grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million users in over 100 languages, making us one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world. As of today, we've achieved profitability as well as a $4.7 billion valuation, comfortably setting us up for the next stage of growth.
In October 2019, we started up an IT Support Team in Manila. With Canva’s goal of ensuring a great culture, we similarly want to ensure that the Manila Internal Infrastructure team grows alongside the culture that exists in Manila.
To achieve this, Canva is seeking an enthusiastic Senior IT Support Engineer to help carve out the team’s persona within the Manila office. This person will be planning & organising larger pieces of work as well as plotting out the future of the Manila Internal Infrastructure team. This is also to guarantee the reliability, security, and resiliency of our systems, hardware, and platforms which support Canva's internal business operations. As we grow past 400+ employees in Manila, we need to ensure our offices, tools, and systems enable all Canva employees to do their best work.
- Provide input on strategic decisions for the growth and future of the team including resourcing, tools and processes.
- Carry out regular team reporting, analyse data and share current trends and insights within the team.
- Be at the forefront of all the IT infrastructure needs in Manila and own new working space fitouts and planning.
- Lead all Internal Infrastructure team’s rollouts of new technology or hardware when the opportunity arises.
- Leverage the current infrastructure workflows and review and make revisions if needed to make the processes in Manila more efficient and effective.
- Support and troubleshooting Canva hardware and devices – laptops, networking, video conferencing
- Provide desktop support to end-users – troubleshooting laptops, peripherals, and applications
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, and security initiatives
- Create, maintain, and execute working tools IMAC processes (install, move, add, and change).
- Design, implement, package, and distribute end-user software/hardware Evaluate, test, patch, and upgrade OS, desktop apps, malware definition, hardware, etc.
- Analyse, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinate testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommend revisions or changes based upon results. Prepare for and prescribe approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Administration of cloud-based tools and internal applications
- Provisioning and management of Canva assets
You’ll love this job if you have/are:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Apple Products, Devices, and Services; MacOS.
- Experience with software administration specifically in Google Suite, Atlassian Products, and Okta.
- Experience in asset management with ability to coordinate across different teams focusing on finances and equipment expenditure.
- Process improvement mindset with experience in creation and standardisation of policies, procedures and workflows.
- Capable to handle network administration needs in Manila whether it’s due to maintenance or project work.
- Experience in mobile device and asset management ensuring security and standardisation across Canva.
- Knowledge in Windows and Virtualisation (VMs) is a plus.
- Experience managing video conferencing applications and hardware
- Strong verbal and written communication with great documentation and organisational skills
- Strong methodology for resolving problems and finding solutions when needed.
- A strong customer-focused attitude and demeanour; at-home in an environment where things move very quickly
- Strong project planning and management, capable of handling set requirements and converting them into an actionable plan.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!
Please answer this question in the ‘Additional Information’ section below:
- Do you have experience supporting Mac environments within the last three years?