Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Growth Product Manager at Canva, you experiment with new and existing products and features to deliver measurable business impact.
Growth Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the direction, scope, and success metrics for moving key business metrics. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as Canva grows.
It’s our responsibility to be curious, analytical and take an experiment-driven approach to deliver great users experiments that move the needle for Canva’s growth.
About the Print and Partnerships Team
The Canva Print & Partnerships teams develop the strategy and roadmap for creating the world’s best design tool and partnering with companies all over the world to create amazing user experiences. Canva has both physical and digital creation offerings and, as such, we partner with businesses on both sides. Enabling Partners to add to our user experience or add Canva to their products.
We do everything from integrating Canva into the world’s leading platforms as the default design creation tool, to allowing businesses to self-serve and simply embed the Canva editor on their website. We’ve already announced some big collaborations with Google, HubSpot, and Facebook, with many more in the pipeline.
We do all of this with the goal of building a moat around Canva and making it the stickiest design platform on the planet.
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of Integrations. How will monetisation work? How do we balance user/Canva/partner needs? What features should we open up or create next? ? It’s all you!
- Serve as the domain expert on digital and print integrations at Canva. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Canva incentivise developers in a way that ensures they build the best apps possible for our users?’
- Build relationships with key strategic integration partners, as well as seek to build new ones that unlock growth for Canva and our users
- Work as the product owner alongside a passionate, cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, project managers, business developers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver these new features to our millions of users and developers
- Give our users a flawless integration experience through crafting a strong user experience
- Onboard, mentor and develop new product managers as they enter the Print & Partnerships group
- Set crazy big goals for your teams, and regularly hit them!
- You’d have strong experience as a product manager of a software product, with platform or integrations experience a huge plus.
- You’re someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions – and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- You value strong UX. You’re someone who understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- You’re a natural communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins. Can effectively communicate with partners in business and make technical calls.
- You love data (both qualitative and quantitative) and can turn insights into actions.
What you can expect from your first 3-6 months
- Work with the team to launch our next big integration – including the go to market activities that ensure we drive brand awareness and potentially our next partnership
- Settle in, learn the Print & Partnerships landscape at Canva and help the team to execute on one new product project from the current roadmap (first 3 months)
- Research and define the Canva Integrations roadmap for next 2 seasons (first season / 3 months) alongside the GM of Print & Partnerships and the wider team
- Develop a plan for scaling partnerships across our digital and print partner offerings