Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the group and team
As an integrated design platform, Canva contains over 60 million pieces of content: from templates to photos, icons, and fonts. Search is the platform that brings this content to our users, and a relevant and reliable search is a fundamental multiplier on the value of Canva as a platform.
You’ll be the product owner of a new team building a unified universal search experience, balancing important priorities such new feature development, search relevance, as well as speed and reliability. In this team, you’ll work with highly proficient engineers, tech leads, and product managers across Canva looking to make their content visible.
About the candidate
You enjoy delivering value to users, whether that value comes from new features or technical improvements to the model behind a highly technical system. Your first response to every question is “what does the data say?”, but you also believe in intuition and the ability to make judgement calls when data is not available.
You see yourself as a product owner, and you’re eager to work with whoever it is across the company to get things done. You consider yourself organised, and enjoy the satisfaction of keeping a project on track.
- Set the strategic vision and product priorities for a useful, relevant, and high-performing search system at Canva
- Engaging with technical, product, design and business stakeholders to prioritize and build what really matters
- Unify separate isolated experiences into one beautiful universal search
- Propose, run, and analyze algorithmic improvements with our data scientists and analysts
- Evaluating our competitive landscape and positioning Canva as the leader in search and content discovery
- Goal #1: Merge and unify different search experiences across Canva, built by different teams, into one
- Goal #2: Be the product champion for search across Canva, and deliver measurable improvements to the search through new features
- Goal #3: Work with the data scientists on deploying a next-generation relevance model for ranking results
You’ll love this role if...
- You have at least 5 + years experience in product management
- Extra points for past experience with scalable search technologies such as Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch, and Algolia
- You are intrinsically driven by good product and UX, and strive for excellence and not mediocrity.
- You love data, and fluently speak the language of experimentation and making data-driven decisions.
- You enjoy having ownership and impact on functions critical to the product, with strong influences on the core funnel.
- You enjoy working with people across many specialties, from other Product Managers to Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts.