Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows. It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
You are the Voice of the Canva Customer
The User Voice Groups mission is to enable and empower our customers to use and love Canva. That means helping them out when they have a problem and proactively making them more successful using our products and services. Whether they’re using the Canva online self help services such as the Assistant and Help Centre, or whether they need personalised help from the Customer Happiness Team, the User Voice team strives to provide world class support.
As we continue to grow, we need to continue to serve our customers with the highest level of support possible, while also improving how we do it by getting more efficient and more sophisticated along the way. User Voice acts as the eyes and ears of the business, ensuring that we put the customer at the centre of everything we do. We believe that customer data – in all of its forms – can be our strategic advantage if leveraged in the right way. We’re looking to add serious fire-power behind this effort to collect customer data, derive insights, and disseminate it to the right teams so we fix pain points and continually make the user experience better.
- Set the strategic vision and product priorities for a the user voice teams set of products
- Expand the feature set of the digital support experience ensuring users are getting the support they need in a targeted and engaging way
- Development of a structured feedback loop to ensure that our customers issues are fed back to the right part of the business so that we resolve and fix the root cause
- Identifying and creating new and innovative solutions for our partners as we continue to grow in scale
You'll love this job if
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in a Product Manager, ideally building digital support products
- You have proven success in developing and implementing effective user-centric products with proven results.
- You have a passion for championing data-backed customer voice insights to product teams to enable the next generation of Canva products and experiences.
- You are able to persuade stakeholders through compelling business cases built on data, customer empathy, systems thinking with Canva’s broader goals in mind.
- You have worked with engineers and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks. You’re familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing. When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge. You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You are excited by the prospect of working directly on shipping simple, beautiful products. You’re aware of what it takes to get from envisioning ideas to delivering the final product.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals for you and your family