At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 15 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs (that’s 30+ designs created every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
Canva’s Brand Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications. We’re looking for our first product marketer to join our team, and help coordinate new product launches, shape go-to market strategy, and build brand loyalty across all of our channels. You’ll be able to dream big and help shape the future, while keeping an eye on metrics and data. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
What you'll do
- Drive new product launches and announcements, coordinating with internal product teams, design, SEO, email, customer service, and PR & communications
- Shape product naming and positioning, and develop go-to market strategies for upcoming products
- Act as the voice of our community and help shape product strategy, testing and research
- Own Canva’s brand pillars (Human, Inspiring, Empowering) and ensure they are being reflected in all our communications
- Coach, train and advise teams on strategy and communication to empower our design, copywriting, and creative teams across the organisation.
- Direct creative briefs and project manage new marketing content and collateral
- Produce case studies and testimonials to highlight Canva’s benefit for our communities
- Work closely with channel and marketing teams to provide them with the user insights, positioning, and messaging they need to succeed
Who you'll be
- 7+ years experience in product marketing
- Experience launching products for global, world-class brands, and driving campaigns, communications and go-to market initiatives
- A natural leader who can rally teams of all kinds, and influence peers across the organisation
- Great blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience. You’ve managed creative teams and led production
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Data-driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities.
- A hustler, you’re a natural salesperson and know how to hit the right message for the right audience
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, speciality leads, product teams, customer service, social media, PR & communications, product design, engineering
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered