At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 180+ different countries who have created more than one billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
We are looking for a Shared Services Accountant to join the Finance and Legal Group and to be part of our growth trajectory. The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders - that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams and supporting their goals, whilst being a world-class finance team.
The Shared Services Accountant will help-out and take charge of the transactional bookkeeping and accounting duties as part of the Share Services function in Manila, supporting Australia and the US. We are looking for someone with experience with transactional bookkeeping and accounting in a commercial environment, high attention to detail, thrive on achieving target service levels and an aptitude for using systems and technology. The SS Accountant will work closely to support the Sydney head office finance team, directly reporting to the Shared Services Team Lead based in the Philippines with support from the Finance Manager (Manila).
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Best Place to Work for the second year in a row by Great Place to Work Australia.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set-up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat and do your best work! We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at:https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
If you're a passionate accounting professional seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies - then apply now!
- Processing of global accounts payable and expense reimbursements transactional activities and providing support to other functions (Accounts Receivable, Bank Recon, Fixed Assets, when and if needed) and establishing related quality control processes and improvements
- Supporting the fortnightly supplier payment run, month end transactional activities and other cadences, dealing with related queries
- Partner with the wider finance team and business units to achieve their objectives, including setting of relevant metrics / SLAs of the Shared Services function and ensuring they are met consistently
- Assistance with year-end audit activities where necessary
- Attitude: A keen eye for detail, you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver. Operating in a fast-paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, able to manage team workloads and meet deadlines with support. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a constant lens of customer service and continuous improvement.
Also, we’d love it if you had:
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- A CPA or equivalent accounting qualification is an advantage
- 2-3+ years knowledge and experience in transactional processing and related month-end processes and adjustments
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld is highly desirable, given a critical part of this role
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Company trips