At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs by building a suite of easy-to-use design tools (for graphics, animation, video, and print) in over 100 languages, and across browser-based and mobile platforms.
Founded in 2013, with Technology and Product HQ’d in Sydney, we’ve grown to nearly 800 staff globally. We’re the most valuable private technology company in Australia with a valuation of USD $6 billion, we’re profitable, and we’re acquiring users at an incredible rate - with over 130 million designs created per month in Canva -- and rapidly growing!
We have a large pipeline of infrastructure projects on the horizon to ensure high availability, top-notch performance, and the continued scalability of the environment.
The Infrastructure Group's focus is to make infrastructure easy for all the other engineering teams at Canva. We accomplish this by optimizing existing solutions, developing internal tooling, promoting best practices throughout the organisation, introducing global infrastructure changes, and mentoring the engineering teams on how to do infrastructure - the right way. We work as a team to find the pragmatic solutions to a wide range of performance and scaling problems to ensure Canva continues to grow and our users have smooth and seamless design experiences.
- Monitoring, and deploying modern distributed microservices that are hosted on AWS
- To be a contact point and subject matter expert with respect to our AWS environment
- Develop infrastructure solutions with scalability, high-availability, and security in mind
- Collaborate with other teams to work out the best solutions to their cloud problems
- Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Propose and contribute to new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva’s distributed cloud infrastructure as we continue scaling globally
Required Experience and Background
- Three (3+) plus years of experience as a Software Engineer in a cloud ecosystem
- Comfortable and happy to code in Python
- An understanding of cloud security best practice
- Cloud Engineering: Storage / Databases, Disaster Recovery and/or AWS Aurora experience
- A strong grasp of DevOps best practices
- Experience utilizing service offerings such as IAM, VPC, EC2, S3 and RDS within AWS would be desirable, but not required.
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – both technical and plain language
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)