At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 18 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 800 million designs.
We are looking for a Senior HR Operations Specialist to join the People Group and to be part of our growth trajectory. The People Group’s mission is to make Canva the most effective and engaged organisation in the world. You will work closely with different teams and supporting different initiatives of the business as Canva continue it's rapid growth.
Chef-cooked lunches everyday and a beautiful office space are great, however we have boiled our culture down to one key factor: amazing people. What’s our secret sauce? Simply a group of passionate people all working together to help each other and the company succeed. You’ll be joining Team Happiness, which is responsible for fostering an amazing workplace and culture that empowers everyone to do their best work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces to help you do great work. At Canva, you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, and building a product that users really love. Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
As our HR Operations Specialist, you will...
- Drive operational performance and service excellence within the HR function, and identify areas for improvement
- Prepare payroll and contractor computations including related taxes and entitlements in Manila
- Prepare tax compliance returns and other payroll related compliances to different government agencies like SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-ibig
- Monitor employee benefits and reimbursementsMaintain and protect confidential data with great discretion
- Ensure compliance to government mandated statutory and payroll regulations
- Provide advice and support to our employees with their availment of both company provided benefits and government mandated benefitsInitiate employee onboarding and coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success
- Ensure employee data is up to date, accurate and compliant within our HR system, BambooHR, and Payroll system
- Generate and analyse a variety of employee information and reports and draw useful insights and offer recommendations
We’d love it if you...
- Have at least 5 years experience in HR operations work, specifically on local payroll and benefits administration
- Have a sound understanding of labour laws and employee/vendor related taxation in the Philippines
- Have experience in payroll related activities such as payroll calculations and compliance in different government agencies – BIR, SSS, HDMF, PHIC
- Experience in handling compensation and benefits in the Philippines
- Familiarity with managing an HRIS such as BambooHR, Namely, Workday
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills
- Have intermediate MS Excel skills, includes functions but not limited to: Lookup functions, IF functions/analysis, standard deviation, etc
- Have outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal)
You’d love this job if...
- You’re a great communicator. You can talk to anyone and you know how to communicate tactfully, whatever the situation.
- You love working collaboratively. You understand that a HR team works best when working alongside the company to solve business problems.
- You’re customer focused. You listen, you understand, and you deliver speedy and quality results.
- You’re highly organised. You are detail oriented and excellent at prioritising to get things done in a fast-paced environment. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- You’re highly adaptable. You welcome change, and have the ability to problem solve and quickly iterate.
- You’re eager to learn. You have a commitment to constantly developing yourself.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!