Sydney, New South Wales, Australia – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The Content Management team within the Teams & Education Supergroup is on a mission to empower teams of all sizes to easily access & organise all of their content. We are responsible for the content management features for all of Canva’s users. The team manages high scale, mission-critical services that back content management within Canva. It is currently 1 large cross-functional delivery team, but we’ve got plans to split into 2 teams, and this role is a key part in helping enable that.
We’ve made incredible progress in making it easy to manage content at scale, and we’ve got a clear mission and crazy big goals to make it even better!
About the role/specialty
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead with front end expertise to help us achieve our goals.
You’ll be coaching and mentoring other engineers to help them do their best work. You’ll be partnering with cross-functional leads to roadmap goals and milestones. You’ll be communicating with stakeholders from outside the team to ensure alignment and coordination on projects. You’ll be responsible for ensuring code is maintainable, well tested, and well-architected.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.