Sydney, New South Wales, Australia – Internship
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
We’re looking for the next generation of Canvanauts! Be part of Canva’s AAGE award-winning Summer Internship Program and get the opportunity to do meaningful work and build features and functionality that impacts millions of Canva users around the world.
About Canva’s Summer Internship Program
The Internship is a 12-week program that runs from the first week of December to the last week of February. Here you’ll learn to apply best-practice software engineering focused on strong software development fundamentals and pragmatism straight from some of the best software engineers in Australia.
You’ll work on solving real-life challenges faced by our design community and innovate new features with projects that are aligned with your interests.
We’ll pair you with a mentor and assign a buddy who will guide and ensure your success every step of the way, and of course, the rest of your teammates and Internship Program Coordinators will be there to support you, too. It’s a team effort!
You’ll be part of a welcoming and inclusive Early Talent community of graduates and interns that take pride in Canva’s culture of being good humans and empowering each other to achieve our crazy big goals. boba/coffee/gelato runs, movie nights, pizza/pasta making and the occasional karaoke night included.
How We Hire
Once we’ve reviewed and screened your application, the first step will be a coding test sent to your email. The next stage will be an interview with our recruitment team and lastly, a final interview with our software engineers! We will provide you with feedback at every stage of the process.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.