Sydney, New South Wales, Australia – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Developer Platform Group owns the coding life cycle at Canva – from ideas through to production. Our mission is “To forge a delightful ecosystem for engineers at Canva, amplifying their craft and enabling them to ship fast and correct. At scale.” We create an environment in which developers can do their best work.
We work closely with product engineering teams to understand their needs and build solutions to best meet them. Our ecosystem spans platforms such as Git, build systems, CI systems, and knowledge management systems.
Our dream is to empower engineers with a world-class developer experience, so they can focus on meaningful tasks while being supported by a toolset they love and trust to leverage their creativity and problem-solving talents. We want engineers to feel delighted working at Canva, not just by our strong and vibrant culture, but because our platforms are a joy to use. We want them to feel like Formula 1 drivers, backed by the best technology and supported by a skilled Developer Platform pit crew, so they’re empowered to unleash their full potential.
This is a Software Development Lead role, which will be a mix of hands-on technical direction, software development, and people leadership.
This role is based in Sydney, open to remote applicants across Australia and New Zealand, and qualifies for interstate relocation for those who wish to work from Sydney HQ.
Joining the Developer Platform means having trust and freedom. You’ll be the master of your own ship, trusted and accountable to solve complex, challenging problems on your own terms. We value autonomy and celebrate results, giving you the scope and freedom to bring your very best.
Riding the wave of technical development at a hyper-growth company offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do some of the best engineering of your life. Tackle complex problems with innovative solutions and enjoy the exhilaration of seeing your contributions amplify developer velocity and workflow at scale. If you crave challenge, love growth, and yearn for the satisfaction of seeing real results uplift the developer experience, come and join us in the Developer Platform group.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.