Sydney, New South Wales, Australia – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Technical Program Managers
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
About the Content & Discovery super group
Canva is a content company as much as a design company. We enable our users to get professional looking designs without needing to be designers. To do this, users need to have awesome templates to get started and amazing ingredients to help them customise the design to their needs.
Content and Discovery is responsible for sourcing all the design content in Canva. This means the templates, images, stickers, video, audio, etc. We create them in house with our team of designers, or buy/licence them, or enable the public to upload their work via the Creator program and earn a royalty when it’s used.
Content and Discovery is also responsible for making all the content discoverable both inside and outside of the product. Inside the product, we are responsible for the Search and Recommendation systems. We are responsible for the infrastructure, search/recommendation quality as well as presenting the results in the various surfaces. The surfaces include the home page and the Marketplace Pages where users can browse for content. It also includes the Editor via the Object Panel where users can search for content and drag it into their design. Outside of the product, we are also responsible for surfacing the content in SEO so that when a user searches for something like “Instagram Templates” Canva shows up on the first page if not the first result.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), so while our offices are always open to you, we aim to come together for 8 days a year at minimum - balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.