At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The People Team
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The People Team is a critical function at Canva. The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. As a result of this exciting growth, the People Team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to support one of the highest-performing internal recruitment teams.
Key to the success of Canva are world class product, business, and engineering teams. Thus, you will be collaborating closely with the business to ensure we're working in sync as a productive hiring team.
What you'll do:
- You are a process owner: you take charge in ensuring that we provide the best candidate experience to our applicants all throughout their getting-into-Canva journey. This means, you own communication and coordination with recruiters, hiring managers, and other stakeholders that are crucial in a candidate’s hiring experience.
- You support teams: you are proactive in supporting your client groups with recruiting processes including scheduling interviews, hosting candidates, ensuring rooms are booked, liaising with candidates and leaders at Canva.
- You are an advocate of process improvement: you ensure that the talent acquisition and hiring teams have the best and efficient hiring process by optimising resources, researching and suggesting cutting-edge tools and software to use, and identifying trends and issues in the scheduling process and interviewer hiring resources.
- You obsess about great candidate experience: At Canva, we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- You are data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach.
We'd love it if you:
- At least 2 years of experience as an in-house recruitment coordinator supporting a fast-paced hiring team.
- Have experience in improving processes, identifying issues and gaps in processes, and suggesting user-focused improvements.
- Have a good grasp of the English language. This means outstanding written and verbal English communication skills are a must as your success in this role hinges on your ability to communicate with candidates and stakeholders across Canva and its multiple offices.
- Have prior experience in building and maintaining successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions globally.
- Have worked on end-to-end candidate experience from application to offer stage.
- Have experience managing small projects with a focus on quality and on-time turnaround of deliverables
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, a curious demeanor, and be self-motivated by the desire to hone your recruitment and team-building skills in a challenging, yet fun, casual environment
- Have a genuine desire to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment catering to millions of users all over the world!
Competencies for Success at Canva:
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated coordinator who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.Y
- You’re creative and you love to research and make complex things simple.
- You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world. You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations.
- You are able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders and senior management.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday!
- We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest offices in Makati!