At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The Talent Acquisition Team
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The Talent Acquisition practice at Canva is cutting-edge, leveraging the latest recruitment technologies and platforms and promoting a very data-driven approach to optimizing the efficiency and performance of the Talent Acquisition function.
As a result of this exciting growth, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Partner to support Canva's end to end recruitment lifecycle across multiple specialties but particularly for Support & Operations.
About the role
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva’s success - we’ve hired some of the best people from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
As Canva’s recruiter, you will help profile, identify, attract, and assess both active and passive prospects and guide them on their journey to becoming Canvanauts.
You will be passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva.
What you'll do:
- Full life-cycle recruiting: You’ll get to own the recruiting process from start to finish: From figuring out how the role will fit in the business, sourcing, interviewing to hiring top talent.
- Hire the best: Your focus will be on hiring quality candidates with agility and speed.
- Partner with your hiring managers: You will work closely with your hiring managers to understand current and future people needs. This will involve deeply integrating yourself as part of their team so that you’re one step ahead of the business needs.
- Obsess about great candidate experience: At Canva, we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- Data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach.
We'd love it if you:
- Have 5 + years of experience in a fast-paced internal recruitment or headhunting role
- Have previous experience recruiting for a variety of volume and niche roles for different industries.
- Have a good grasp of the English language. This means outstanding written and verbal English communication skills are a must as your success in this role hinges on your ability to communicate with individuals, understand underlying motivations, and influence
- Have prior experience in developing and maintaining successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions globally
- Are comfortable and confident in making cold calls over the phone to potential applicants. Have a high-track in successful candidate negotiation and ensuring consistent and great candidate experience.
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, a curious demeanor, and be self-motivated by the desire to hone your recruitment and team-building skills in a challenging, yet fun, casual environment
- Have a genuine desire to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment catering to millions of users all over the world!
Competencies for success at Canva
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated Recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders and senior management.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!