At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, a fantastic culture, and remarkable growth trajectory – we're out to change the world, one design at a time.
In 2018, we moved away from recruitment agencies to an internal model. Since then, we have built a world-class, high-performing team, which has exceeded hiring targets since its inception. The continued growth of the broader business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition (TA) and Team Happiness (HR) teams to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent.
At the top of the funnel, reliable sourcing and candidate engagement is critical to successful growth. We've hired some of the best engineers, designers, growth marketers, and product managers from all over the world - but we're just getting started.
It takes a curious, tenacious, and creative sourcer to make sure we're always discovering talent that will take Canva forward. To ensure strong outbound talent engagement, we are adding a Technical Sourcing Specialist to the team, to focus primarily on Infrastructure and Backend Software Engineering talent sourcing.
- Hands on identification, selection, and engagement of technical talent utilizing boolean wizardry, search engines, GitHub, StackOverflow, and other platforms and communities – LinkedIn should be the last resort
- Work alongside recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the role, the technologies in use, and overall structure of the engineering organization
- Build talent pipelines and act on market intelligence, referrals, events, and targeting mapping and sourcing campaigns
- Screen resumes and conduct candidate interviews to determine role fit and eligibility (for visas, relocation, etc)
- Track pipeline activity to measure performance, find opportunities to increase efficiency, and to share with internal stakeholders
- Promote best practices for data integrity, auditability of our ATS, and work with recruitment operations to streamline processes
- Embody the company values: Be a good human, Pursue excellence, Empower others, Make complex things simple, Set crazy big goals, and Be a force for good
- Knowledge of modern development stacks, the differences between them, and a general interest in software product development
- At least 1 year of technical sourcing experience in an in-house recruitment environment or a search firm
- Experience working alongside recruiters and hiring managers to develop sourcing strategies, market maps, and recruitment campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience with boolean searching across multiple information sources, databases, search engines, and online communities
- Experience approaching, pitching, and engaging passive candidates
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Experience (Not Required)
- Previous experience recruiting in the Site Reliability, Developer Productivity, Security, Build/Deploy, or Observability domains
- Experiencing sourcing and pitching candidate relocation; basic knowledge of the mechanics and requirements of the Australian TSS visa subclass
- Working with recruiters and hiring managers across different geographies and offices
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations