At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness (HR) teams to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. University Programs is a core strategic driver of Canva success - We need to ensure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future. As the University Programs Manager you will be establishing and nurturing relationships with universities across Australia and New Zealand and also overseeing the development of our internship program.
- You will share the Canva story, vision and culture with prospective candidates and act as a brand ambassador when representing Canva externally.
- You will establish and nurture relationships with universities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Coordinate with our internal and external partners to organise engaging and informative events.
- Manage experience for students throughout the internship program, including onboarding, performance evaluation, and conversion process.
- Oversee and project manage the development of our 12-week internship program.
- Research, recommend and implement changes to keep the university relations initiatives innovative.
- You’re a great communicator. You can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd. You know how to communicate tactfully, whatever the situation.
- You’re highly organised. You are detail orientated and able to prioritise to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re not easily overwhelmed. You’re self driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- You’re able to make complex things simple whilst managing projects. You have proven experience managing multiple projects and the ability to work within tight timelines.
- You love working collaboratively, across multiple teams in the company to solve business problems.
- At least 4 years experience in running a national university outreach and internship program.
- Experience facilitating workshops.
- You have an established network amongst universities in Australia and New Zealand.
- You have proven ability to execute as a project manager in a dynamic workplace.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations