At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and video, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled videographer/editor to join our Performance Marketing team, working closely alongside our internal Creative team to help coordinate campaign shoots for our paid marketing channels, and create moving user stories from around the globe.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’ll have experience in all aspects of video from ideation, planning, filming and editing.
About the Role
The videographer/editor role for Performance Marketing will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging video ads for our various paid marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how motion looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns and the freedom to influence design direction.
What you’ll do…
- Work with the Performance Marketing Team to produce various series of engaging video ads in different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram Stories, Google Display Network) to be launched globally
- Film videos on set or on location as needed
- Plan and direct the shoot, collaborating with the creative team
- Edit footage in post-production, transitions to make the edits engaging and dynamic.
We'd love it if you have...
- 2-5+ years experience as a Videographer or Editor, creating a diverse range of video and animated assets.
- An eye on advanced videography or Director of photography.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design and user stories.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment; performed Pre-production: planning before the shoot, coordination, scripts, ocular spaces to be used.
- Intensive knowledge in handling equipment: camera, sound, lapel, lighting, etc. Can make technical recommendations on the best equipment to use.
- Experience in shooting from different devices, resolutions and formats
- Shooting in controlled and uncontrolled environment, space restrictions,
- Editing skills in stitching footages to convey and create engaging stories
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work and brief illustrators, animators and videographers to create beautiful and quality content;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, open to feedback and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Working knowledge in Adobe Premiere pro, Adobe Mocha, DaVinci Video editor and sound/music editing software.
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best video shoots and edit design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!