At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Canva is in the midst of implementing Workday to improve systems and processes across the business. As our Workday Engineer, you will provide functional and technical expertise across our various People Technology platforms, including business process configuration, report development, integration point development, data management and security. In this role, you will get to go deep into the data that makes our company run, and provide analytics and metrics that will ultimately help the business grow. This role supports Canva’s People and IT teams, and will work closely with various internal teams (People, Recruiting, Finance, and IT), specialty leads, and vendors to effectively meet the People technology needs of the company.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting our teams and individuals to succeed. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. This role is for you if you love thinking of creative ways to create efficiency, solving complex business problems and developing tooling, automation and integrations to unleash the full potential of our systems and drive productivity across Canva’s workforce.
- Hands-on implementation and integrations of Workday systems.
- Manage projects end-to-end; including design, build, QA/test, deploy & support phases to seamlessly to connect Canva’s systems with Workday
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops, review business/functional requirement documents, author technical design documents, test plans, support plans and produce high quality integrations
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Payroll, Finance, Legal, Security Recruitment and Internal Infrastructure to streamline and automate data delivery and synchronisation among all applications
- Work with vendors and internal dev teams to design, build and maintain new solutions, this includes identifying, assessing, and solving complex business problems for integrating with the Workday application across a wide array of platforms. Recommend technical solutions considering priorities and tradeoffs, and drive alignment among stakeholders
- Write, maintain, and support reporting needs and report repository. Build dashboards and analytics, and maintain data integrity by developing audit processes to analyze and identify data issues
- Ensure all processes are documented in process flows, and control matrices, and followed to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved governance and control
- Identify and implement continuous improvements on the people technology stack and business processes to bring efficiency and help the company to scale
- Lead training and communication plans for systems related changes
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and issue management
Required Experience and Background
- At least two or more (2+) years hands-on experience of implementation or integration projects on the Workday Platform
- Workday functional knowledge on business processes, security, benefits, absence management, time tracking and payroll, and the development and implementation of technical solutions that improve efficiencies and performance
- Knowledge of workday reporting; ability to produce matrix and trended analytics, as well as custom reports using BIRT
- Working knowledge of Workday Integration architecture supporting connectors and custom inbound and outbound integrations; including Single-Sign on Solutions like OKTA, EIBs, Web Services, APIs, RaaS, Studio and Cloud Connect
- Strong customer orientation and excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with both technical and functional audiences
- Ability to lead, project manage and prioritize effectively in an independent environment
- Comfortable operating in fast-changing environments and taking chaos to clarity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)