Getting started with Canva for Education
Welcome to Canva for Education
Welcome to our ‘Getting started with Canva for Education course. Learn all about Canva for Education basics with these 11 lessons and be inspired by the supporting resources. Let’s get started…
- What is Canva for Education?
- Explore the Canva homepage
Create a design
Time to learn how to create a design using Canva. Let’s explore the template marketplace and customize a template.
- How to create a blank design
- How to find a template
- How to customize a template
Learn and play
Learn the basics of the Canva Editor
The Canva editor
The Canva editor is the heart of Canva, in this section learn about the editor and everything needed to know to start designing.
- Explore the Canva editor
- Understand the Canva editor language and features
- Learn and play with Canva editor basics
- Gain inspiration from teacher design playbooks
Collaborate on Canva designs
Let’s learn how to collaborate on Canva designs. Explore how to work together at every stage of the teaching and learning cycle with colleagues.
- How to share a design
- Real-time collaboration
Share your Canva Designs
Let’s explore the many ways to share a Canva design.
- Sharing designs
- Saving/downloading designs
- Printing designs
Working in the Projects Page
Explore the Canva projects page and learn how to get create folders, manage designs and get organized.
- Explore the projects page and projects in the editor
- Create and manage folders
- Create and save templates
Upload and import to Canva
Learn how to upload your own photos, documents, files, and videos to Canva, allowing you to transform them into a fully customizable design.
- Uploading on the homepage
- Uploading in the projects page
- Uploading in the editor
- Managing uploads
Create and manage Canva classes
It’s time to explore how to create and manage classes in a Canva for Education account.
- Learn what a Canva class is
- Create a class and invite students
- Manage class settings
Create class folders in Canva
Learn how with Canva, a teacher can create and effectively manage class folders.
- Create class folders
- Create a folder banner
- Adding designs to folders
- Create a template folder
- Create an element folder
Manage class collaboration in Canva
Explore how using Canva teachers and students can easily collaborate no matter where they are.
- Whole class collaboration
- Create individual pages for students
- Add students to an individual design
- Organize group projects with folders
You have completed the course
Create student activities and assignments in Canva
Dive in and learn about all the different ways a teacher can create student activities and assignments in Canva.
- Share a template with students to complete
- Assign students a blank design
- Students create a design from scratch
You might also be interested in