Twitter is rolling out a new jumbo-sized cover photo and a few additional features to spice up your Twitter experience.
Here's the news from the Twitter blog:
"The new web profile lets you use a larger profile photo, customize your header, show off your best Tweets and more. Here are main features:"
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
Once you pin the tweet to the top of your Twitter profile page, it stays at the top of the page and the expanded tweet with the image shows.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
- Jumbo Header Image: with recommended dimensions of 1500×500, maximum file size of 5MB. You can update your header image from the top drop down menu. Using our custom Canva dimensions, you can easily create something stunning for your new Twitter profile.
For a preview of the new Twitter layouts, check out these web profiles:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- French TV host @nikosaliagas
- Australian Football League @AFL
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Canva @Canva
It's more important than ever to use images with your Twitter activity now. We recommend tweeting with attached images in the 2:1 image aspect ratio or 876 pixels by 438 pixels. This puts in a beautiful image on your tweet. Below is an embedded tweet that we tweeted with an attached image.
You can also add more than one image to a tweet and tag people in photos.
— iSmash (@iSmash_London) March 27, 2014
Twitter also has the option to create custom Twitter widgets that you can add to your website with your latest tweets, favorite tweets or a custom timeline of your choosing.
We know you'll be using Canva to create some amazing new Twitter background and header images! We've created some new Twitter layouts for you to remix.
There's a whole lot to love about the new Twitter layouts. What's your favorite new feature?