Canva is launching the first of its monthly photo contests, and we’re inviting all photographers to take part.
This month, our focus is on culture, specifically "What does my culture mean to me", a topic that supports our mission to create a collection of authentic images to reflect the cultural diversity of the world we live in. Share your unique point of view with us.
In addition to the monetary prizes, you may be invited to become part of the Canva contributor community, allowing your work to be exposed to the tens of millions of people who use the Canva platform (not to mention, earn from your images while you’re at it!).
So, how do you get started?
Post your photos that reflect the theme “What does my culture mean to me?” on Instagram from August 10 to September 10, 2018. In the description, make sure to tag @canva and include the hashtag #MyCultureMeans, followed by a short writeup that tells us how much you value your culture.
While sending in a contributor application isn’t a requirement to join the contest, we’d also love for you to become a part of our growing photo community here.
A top winner will be selected by our team of editors to receive a cash prize of $100 USD. The winning entry and the winner’s social accounts will also be placed front and center on Canva’s social media channels, as well as get a coveted feature on our photography blog.
Runner ups will also receive a cash prize of $50 USD and be featured on the photography blog, so keep posting your best shots!
- Anyone 18 years old and up can join.
- All photos submitted must be your own. You may submit as many photos as you like.
- Collages and photo manipulations will not be accepted.
- All images must be kept PG and should not contain sexual or violent content.
- Submissions will close on September 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm AEST. Winners will be announced on Canva’s social media channels and contacted through Instagram.
- Winners will be asked to provide a high resolution version of their photo for promotional purposes, to fulfill part of the prize (a feature on Canva’s social media channels and on the photography blog).
*Note that by submitting an entry you agree to the contest rules.
**This contest is not affiliated with Instagram or any other social media site.