- Canva makes graphic design amazingly simple for everyone
Canva makes graphic design amazingly simple for everyone
- Canva allows everyone to create professional quality designs
- Earlier this year, Canva raised $3 million from renowned technology investors
- Sign up now for exclusive early access
Sydney, Australia — 08/26/13 — Australian startup Canva today announced the launch of an online graphic design platform allowing everyone to create professional designs. Canva brings together a simple drag-and-drop design tool with a library of more than 1 million photographs, graphics and fonts, and makes it easy to collaborate with others.
“Canva has re-imagined a world where design is simple, and every idea can be beautifully presented in print or online,” said Canva CEO Melanie Perkins. “Unlike traditional desktop design software, Canva is web-based and brings all the tools together in one place.”
With Canva, everyone can design for free. Canva’s library is sourced from some of the world’s most talented photographers, illustrators and designers. Users can upload their own content or pay $1 per premium element when they publish their design.
Canva also provides professional designers with a faster way to create layouts and collaborate with clients, removing the need for frustrating back and forth email exchanges. Designers can earn money by contributing their own graphic elements and layouts to Canva.
Canva’s vision and technology has been backed by prominent tech luminaries including Facebook Director of Engineering and co-founder of Google Maps Lars Rasmussen, Yahoo! CFO Ken Goldman, Twitter investor Bill Tai, and funds including Matrix Partners, InterWest Partners, and 500 Startups. Canva closed a $3 million seed funding round earlier this year.
Mr Rasmussen said he was excited by Canva’s potential to change the future of design. “Facebook and Twitter have created a world where anyone can instantly share experiences with friends, yet an online design tool suitable for us all to use is entirely lacking. The design market is ripe for disruption and I believe Canva has the answer,” he said.
Canva will be rolled out to limited users in the U.S. and Australia starting from today. Users can join the waiting list to gain exclusive early access. Sign up at www.canva.com.
- A simple new way to design. Easily turn your ideas into designs for Web and print.
- Search and drag simplicity. Search Canva’s integrated library of stock photographs, graphic elements and cut-out images then drag-and-drop to create your design.
- It’s online and free to use. Canva is entirely online so there’s no expensive software to install.
- Choose from one million images and hundreds of fonts. Design with 1 million photos, graphics and fonts, or upload your own.
- Collaborate with anyone, anywhere. Canva lets you share and edit your designs with friends, clients and coworkers.