Create a billboard design inspired by the theme: Together.
Here’s how to enter:
Submission format guidelines:
Create a billboard design inspired by the theme: Together.
1. Eligibility: This Canva Billboard competition (“Competition”) is open only to persons in the United States of America who are eighteen (18) years old or older as of the date of Entry. Individuals may enter or up to three (3) individuals can submit an entry as a team. Employees of Canva Pty Ltd (“Canva”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (together, “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. This Competition is not open to any individual in a jurisdiction where the Competition or the individual entering the Competition would be prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Terms: By submitting an Entry to the Contest, the entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Terms. You also represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements and that the Competition and You entering the Competition is not prohibited in Your jurisdiction. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Canva as final and binding as it relates to the Competition. If You are submitting an entry on behalf of a team, you agree to these requirements on behalf of your team.
3. Contest Period: Entries for the Competition will be accepted online from July 11, 2022 at 00:00 EDT until July 24, 2022 at 11:59 EDT (“Competition Period”). Entries must be received before the end of the Competition Period.
4. How to Enter:
(a) To participate in the Competition, You must:
(i) create a design that complies with the Competition Guidelines in these Terms;
(ii) share your design on Your Instagram or Twitter account using the hashtag #CanvaBillboard.
(b) More than one entry is allowed per person and per team.
(c) Entries must comply with the brief listed in the Competition Guidelines. Entries that contain sexual content, violence or gore, or promote discrimination against any individual or group or that otherwise contain content that in the view of Canva is inappropriate, will not be accepted.
(d) The entry must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified in these Terms, to be eligible to win.
(e) Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Terms may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Canva.
(f) If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Terms, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Canva.
(g) Your Instagram account privacy settings must be set to public to enable Canva to view your entry.
(a) Up to a maximum of three winning designs will be selected by a team of Canva-appointed panelists (“Canva Panel”) based on the criteria set out in section 6 of these Terms.
(b) Up to a maximum of nine (9) winners will be eligible for a prize (“Winners”). For example, if the winning designs were created by two teams of three and one individual, there will be seven Winners.
(b) The Competition is a game of skill, chance has no part in determining the Winners.
(c) Each Winner will:
(i) Have their design featured on a billboard in San Francisco;
(ii) Receive a one (1) year free subscription to Canva Pro; and
(iii) Receive a US$200 Canva Print voucher.
(f) The Canva Pro prizes will be applied to the Winners’ accounts shortly after winning. In the event a Winner has an existing subscription to Canva Pro (whether yearly or monthly) the one (1) year subscription will commence at the expiry of the Winner’s existing subscription period.
(g) All specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Canva. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others is permitted. If for any reason there are logistical or other issues with providing a prize, Canva may at its sole discretion provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
(h) Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
(i) Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Canva to use the Winners’ names, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation.
6. Winner Selection and Notification:
(a) The Canva Panel will select the winning designs based on storytelling, quality of the design, and adherence to the theme.
(b) The Canva Panel may ask certain entrants to provide their original Canva design files.
(c) The Winners will be notified via private message to their Twitter or Instagram account within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the Canva Panel’s decision.
(d) The Winners will be announced on Canva’s Instagram within ninety (90) days following the selection of the Winners.
(e) Designs submitted to Canva will be reviewed by our design team to make sure the designs are adequate for large format out-of-home, as well as meeting legal and licensing requirements. Some designs will need to be altered to meet these requirements. Your final design will be shared with You before going live.
(f) To the extent permitted by law, Canva shall have no liability for:
(i) any Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information;
(ii) any Winner’s inability to receive or participate in any component of the prize.
(g) If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within forty-eight (48) hours from the time notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release (if required), the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS BY WINNER, AT CANVA’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You:
By submitting an Entry, You:
(a) understand and consent to Canva, anyone acting on behalf of Canva, and Canva’s licensees, successors, and assigns, having the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your Entry, first name, and statements about the Competition, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
(b) represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of authorship by You, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your Entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Canva. If the content of your Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Canva from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Canva may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
(c) agree to execute such further documents as may be reasonably required by Canva to give effect to these rights.
8. Canva Rights: Canva reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in the event Canva becomes aware or reasonably suspects there to be virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Canva’s control corrupt that could affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such a case, Canva may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Canva. Canva reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms. Canva has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to reasonably void entries, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Canva reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. By participating in this Competition, You acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media site.
9. Liability: By submitting an Entry, to the extent permitted by law, You agree to release and hold harmless Canva and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether or not caused by negligence, from: (i) Your participation in the Competition and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries. You may have certain non-excludable rights or remedies under law. These Terms are subject to any non-excludable right or remedy You have under law.
This Contest is run by Canva Pty Ltd (ABN 80 158 929 938) of 110 Kippax St, Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia.