1. Identify the Canva success story you’d like to nominate for a Canva Community Award. It can be your own story or someone’s you’d like to celebrate. All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Check which category in the list below your story is eligible for, what you need to submit with your entry and how entries will be judged.
3. Submit your entry through the Canva Community Awards submission form here [https://www.canva.com/community-awards/submission(opens in a new tab or window)] and answer all mandatory questions. Your submission will need to:
a. tell us your or your nominees Canva story in 1250 characters or less (“Canva Story”);
b. tell us what you or your nominee achieved with the help of Canva in 10 words or less; and
c. share up to three supporting design(s) (make sure your sharing permission are set to 'anyone can view') (“Supporting designs(s)”),
addressing the requirements of the entry materials specified for the Award Category you’re submitting a nomination for (“Entry”). Please don’t share any confidential information.
Eligible participants: Any Canva user.
Eligible participants: Any Canva user.
Eligible participants: Members of Canva's Creator, Education Creators, Canvassador, Verified Experts, Canva Design Community (previously Canva Design Circle), Canva for Teachers or Canva for Nonprofits community groups.
Eligible participants: Two or more members of a Canva for Teams account.
Eligible participants: Eligible Canva for Nonprofits users.
Eligible participants: Developers who have used Canva’s APIs to submit an app for inclusion, or whose app has been included, on Canva's App Marketplace prior to the date of entry.
Eligible participants: Any Canva user.
Eligible participants: Any Canva user who has printed a product through Canva Print.
Eligible participants: Any teacher or education institution staff with an eligible Canva for Education account.
Eligible participants: Two or more members of a Canva for Teams account, working in the marketing or advertising field.
1. This Competition is run by Canva Pty Ltd (80 158 929 938) of 110 Kippax St, Surry Hills NSW 2010 (Canva). The Competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
2. Eligibility: This Canva Community Awards 2023 competition (“Competition”) is open only to persons who are 18 years old or older as of the date of Entry. Each Award Category is only open to persons who meet the eligibility criteria listed in the Competition Guidelines for the relevant Award Category. An entrant (“You”) may submit an entry to the Competition on behalf of themselves, another person (“Nominee”), or a team of two or more (“Team”) provided that the Nominee and each Team member also meets these eligibility requirements. Employees of Canva, its group companies, and any third party directly associated with this Competition, (together, “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. This Competition is not open to any individual in a jurisdiction where the Competition or an individual entering the Competition would be prohibited by law.
3. Agreement to Terms:
(a) By submitting an Entry to the Competition or accepting a place as a Finalist (as set out in section 8), you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these terms. You also represent and warrant that You, your Nominee or each member of the Team, meet the eligibility requirements and that the Competition and You entering the Competition is not prohibited in Your, the Nominee’s or Team’s jurisdiction. If there is any conflict between any promotional materials about this Competition and these Terms, these Terms prevail. In addition, You and Finalist agree to accept the decisions of Canva as final and binding as it relates to the Competition.
4. Entry process:
(a) Nominations Start Date: 31 August 2023 at 9:00am AEST.
(b) Nominations End Date: 16 October 2023 at 5:00pm AEDT.
(c) Nomination Period: Entries for the Competition will be accepted online from the Nomination Start Date until the Nomination End Date (“Nomination Period”). Entries must be received before the end of the Nomination Period.
(d) To participate in the Competition, You must submit an Entry in accordance with the Competition Guidelines.
(e) You may only submit one Entry per Award Category, either for yourself or a Nominee. If You submit more than one Entry for the same Award Category, the subsequent Entry will not be considered.
(f) Entries may be submitted for the same individual or Team for more than one Award Category, however an individual or Team will only be eligible to be chosen as a finalist in one Award Category.
(g) If an Entry is unsuccessful in its nominated Award Category and Canva determines that it is eligible for another Award Category, Canva may shortlist the Entry as a finalist for another Award Category, with notice to You, the Nominee or Team.
(h) Entries based on Canva designs that do not comply with Canva’s Content License Agreement, available here: www.canva.com/policies/content-license-agreement/(opens in a new tab or window), may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Canva.
(i) Entries that contain sexual content, violence or gore, or promote discrimination against any individual or group or that otherwise contain content that in the view of Canva is inappropriate, will not be accepted.
(j) The Entry must fulfil all Competition requirements, as specified in these Terms, to be eligible to win.
(k) Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Terms may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Canva.
(l) If You, the Nominee or Team use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Terms, your Entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Canva.
5. Finalist(s) Selection and Notification:
(a) Up to a maximum of three Entries (“Finalist”) per Award Category will be selected by a team of Canva-appointed panellists (“Panel”) based on the Judging Criteria set out in the Competition Guidelines.
(b) The Panel may ask certain entrants to provide their original Canva design links for verification purposes.
(c) Shortlisted Finalists will be notified via email in or around late November 2023 and asked to confirm that they would like to participate in the public voting round set out in section 6 (“Public Voting & Winner Selection”) of these Terms. In the event an Entry that was submitted on behalf of a Nominee or Team is shortlisted to be a Finalist, Canva will obtain the Nominee’s or Team member’s email address from You in order to confirm their consent to participate in the public voting round and their acceptance of these Terms.
(d) If a Finalist cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to confirm their consent to participate in the public voting round, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release, or provide any other information or documentation, within the time specified in the notification email, their spot as a Finalist may be forfeited and an alternate Finalist selected.
(e) To the extent permitted by law, Canva shall have no liability for any Finalist’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Your provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
(f) Consent to participate in the public voting round constitutes an acknowledgment that the Finalist may be requested to participate in promotional activities relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation.
6. Public Voting Round & Winner Selection:
(a) Voting Start Date: 5 January 2024 at 12:00am AEDT.
(b) Voting End Date: 9 February 2024 at 12:00am AEDT.
(c) Voting Period: Votes will be accepted online from the Voting Start Date until the Voting End Date (“Voting Period”). Votes must be received before the end of the Voting Period.
(c) Each Finalist will be announced on [https://www.canva.com/community-awards/(opens in a new tab or window)] (“Awards Website”) on 5 January 2024 at 12:00am AEDT.
(d) During the Voting Period, the Canva community (“Voters”) will be invited to vote for their favourite Finalist(s) via a voting form on the Awards Website. Voters must have a Canva account and be logged in to vote. If Voters do not have a Canva account, they may sign-up for free via the Awards Website in order to vote.
(e) Each Voter can only vote for one Finalist per Award Category. Once submitted, votes cannot be changed.
(f) Canva reserves the right to set further criteria in relation to voting prior to or at the opening of the Voting Period.
(g) The Finalist with the most votes in each Award Category will be selected as a winner (“Winner”).
(h) Winners will be notified via email on or around 1 March 2024.
(i) In the event of a tie, the Winner will be selected by the Panel based on the Judging Criteria set out in the Competition Guidelines.
(j) Any violation of these official terms by a Finalist or Winner, at Canva’s sole discretion, will result in Finalist’s or Winner’s disqualification from the competition and all privileges as Finalist or Winner will be immediately terminated.
7. Winner Awards:
(a) Each Winner will receive a Canva Community Award trophy (“Award”).
(b) Canva will arrange for delivery of the Award to a postal address nominated by the Winners.
(c) All specifics of the Award shall be solely determined by Canva. Awards are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. If for any reason there are logistical or other issues with providing an Award, Canva may at its sole discretion, but is not obliged to, provide a substitute award of equivalent value.
8. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an Entry or accepting a place as a Finalist, you:
(a) understand and consent to Canva, anyone acting on behalf of Canva, and Canva’s licensees, successors, and assigns, having the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use (including in an excerpted or slightly modified form, whilst keeping with the original sentiment) in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your Entry, the Finalist’s name, likeness, country of residence, social media handle (if relevant) and statements about the Competition, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
(b) represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of authorship by You, the Team or Nominee and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your Entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You, the Team or Nominee will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Canva. If the content of your Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Canva from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Canva may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right; and
(c) agree to execute or procure from your Nominee, Team or Team owner such further documents as may be reasonably required by Canva to give effect to these rights, including valid and accurate releases for any identifiable persons or premises appearing in the Entry.
9. Canva Rights:
(a) Canva reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in the event Canva becomes aware or reasonably suspects there to be virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, corruption, or other cause beyond Canva’s control that could affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such a case, Canva may select Finalists or Winners from all eligible entries or votes received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Canva.
(b) Canva reserves the right to disqualify any Entry, Finalist or Winner that, in its absolute discretion, could bring Canva into disrepute.
(c) Canva reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or Team who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms.
(d) Canva has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to reasonably void entries, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Canva reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(e) By participating in this Competition, You acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media site, and you fully release and hold Facebook or any other social media site harmless from liability in relation to this Competition.
(f) By participating in this Competition, Canva grants you, the Nominee or Team, limited permission to use the Canva branding only as incorporated in the templates in the Social Media Toolkit provided after submitting an Entry. Any use of Canva branding and/or trademarks must comply with our Trademark Policy, available here: https://www.canva.com/policies/trademark-policy/(opens in a new tab or window) or any other direction provided to you by Canva.
10. Liability: By submitting an Entry or participating as a Finalist, to the extent permitted by law, you agree to release and hold harmless Canva and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether or not caused by negligence, from: (i) your participation in the Competition and/or your acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any Award or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Canva is not liable where an entrant has breached local laws and/or regulations in connection with this Competition. You may have certain non-excludable rights or remedies under law. These Terms are subject to any non-excludable right or remedy you have under law.