With teachers looking for new ways to infuse creativity into the classroom, we’re excited to announce our partnership with Book Creator— a popular education site that helps students and teachers around the world make digital books. The Canva integration with Book Creator, means students can add professional book covers to capture the readers’ attention. Now, even students with little design experience can make their books come to life!
Here's how to combine Canva and Book Creator to design digital books:
1. Visit Book Creator to create an account—there’s a free starter plan (up to 40 books). From Book Creator, you can add an eye-catching book cover directly from Canva.
2. To set-up in Book Creator, click the “+ button”, select More > “Add Apps” and enable Canva.
3. Once Canva’s enabled, click the “+ button”, click “Canva” and select your favorite cover page. You can change the title, images and colors.
4. If you prefer, you can choose to design your own book cover in Canva for Education from scratch. Canva is loaded with millions of fonts, photos, graphics, and backgrounds —the design possibilities are endless!
5. Once you’ve finished designing, click “Add to Book” in the top right corner. This will automatically add your design to Book Creator.
6. From Book Creator, you can choose to share your book or keep it private.
Tip: alternatively, teachers and students can choose from any Canva template (including the full collection of Canva book covers) and import to Book Creator (click “import” and select “files”).
Here are some top ideas to get started with Book Creator and Canva!
- Balance text and images with plenty of white space
- Use eye-catching images
- Select a font that fits your genre
- Avoid black text over colored backgrounds
Whether you’re teaching Middle School English, Elementary Science or a High School Language class, the Canva and Book Creator partnership offers an incredible opportunity to foster student creativity. Canva is loaded with millions of ready-to-use educational templates and Book Creator makes it easy to create and publish.
If you’re a K12 educator, you can access Canva for Education - our free offering. You get all the benefits of premium features such as millions of images, fonts, graphics, videos, animations, and templates with it. You also get a dedicated classroom space to invite students and teachers to share, review and manage your work.
You can sign up here using your school, Dept. Ed’s, or Google-certified email domain. Please note, you’ll be asked to verify your teaching credentials, so you can access Canva for Education.