We’re delighted to announce our innovative partnership with Flip, the popular video discussion platform by Microsoft. This partnership brings together the creative power of Canva’s visual communication platform with Flip’s ability to spark meaningful discussions and inspire learners to share their voice. Together, Canva for Education and Flip aim to inspire creativity and enhance engagement in the classroom.
So, what’s all the hype? With the release of over 100 new Canva designs made specifically for Flip, we’ve made it even easier to add Canva backgrounds and frames to Flip videos!
Here’s how educators combine the power of Canva and Flip in everyday, educational activities:
1. Login to Canva. It’s free for K-12 educators and students.
2. In Canva, type “Flip” in the template search bar. You’ll find over 100 customizable backgrounds and frames made for Flip videos! They’re for a variety of subjects from elementary to high school.
Here are two ways to use it in the classroom tomorrow:
3. Have fun exploring the Canva designs and changing the colors, text and images to your liking! Once you’re done, click “Share” on the top right corner and download your design as a JPG.
5. Once you’re ready, you can record a Flip video with a discussion prompt for students. This can be anything you want to ignite conversation. Now, here’s the new part, you can enhance the visual experience by clicking “Add a Backdrop” to import your Canva background or frame! When you’re finished, click Next to review the video.
6. Review your video—trim, re-arrange or even add another visual or video clip designed on Canva!
7. Submit your video—edit your name and even change the cover photo with an eye-catching Canva design!
8. Encourage students to enhance their Flip video responses by adding Canva backgrounds and frames! Enjoy!
Need more help? Here’s a video on how to get started with Flip.
Get inspired with these classroom ideas for educators and students:
Here are some ways to use the new Canva templates on Flip:
The Canva and Flip partnership gives students more creative control to demonstrate their learning while also giving them experience presenting and sharing their ideas to an audience.
Upgrade now to Canva for Education
If you’re a K-12 educator, you can access Canva for Education—our free offering. With it, you get all the benefits of premium features such as millions of images, fonts, graphics, videos, animations, and templates. You also get a dedicated classroom space to invite students and teachers to share, review, and manage your work.
You can sign up here using your school, Dept. Ed’s, or Google-certified email domain. Please note, you’ll be asked to verify your teaching credentials so you can access Canva for Education.